Saturday, December 26, 2009

A little bit of holy, a whole lot of common place...

Alright, so day 1 of life inspired. I'm trying to find God in the little things...but being such the "overanalyzer" that I am, it's kind of hard. Maybe the things that I think are silly, nothingness things are big deals to other people. For instance, today, I let a man pull out in front of me in a long line of cars...is that holy in the common place? Is that me being an imitation of Christ? See, I feel like those are just stupid little things that everyone should do, but maybe that's the problem. Maybe no one does them, so they are, indeed, "holy in the common place". I just wish I could feel better about them.

This has all made me think of the quote from St. Francis of Assisi:
"Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words."

In other words, do good. Act. Do. Be. Good. I also feel like I need affirmation. I think my "love language" is words of affirmation. I love getting letters, notes, or even facebook wall posts saying things like, "thanks for being you" because it makes me know that there are people who appreciate me. I know that it's stupid because there ARE people who appreciate me, but sometimes it's good to be reminded.

Those are my thoughts for today. They aren't very long, but it's my goal to post something every day. Hope you've had a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment